Workshop Working Successfully with Education Agents
In the increasingly competitive global marketplace for international students, the need to offer potential students a more local and personal service often makes the difference between converting an application to a registration. Education agents are central to the recruitment strategies of many universities and colleges around the world, despite the considerable unease amongst many institutions concerning the use of such commercial means to recruit students.
Recruiting students with a more local and personal service
The reality is agents provide an excellent and cost-effective way of recruiting students with a more local and personal service. This course provides you with all the necessary information to contract the best agent.
Welcome, objectives & introduction
• Introduction to the course
Introduction to working with agents
• Understanding how agents work
Selecting an agent
• Telling the good from the bad
Working with agents
• Training agents to support your recruitment strategies
• Incentives and commissions
Q&A and closure
• Questions and answers
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- confidently select a reputable agent to represent their institution,
- know about the legal and ethical issues of appointing agents,
- draft an appropriate contract for your agents,
- support any agents that you appoint appropriately,
- agree a method of payment that best suits your institution.
University and College student recruitment staff responsible for marketing and attracting students to their institution. The course would also be relevant for those with an external relations, communications or business development role within the institution.
Beginners to intermediate